25th March 2020
24 March 2020
FHA key priority is to keep our staff and tenants safe. Following Boris Johnson announcing UK lock down 23 March 2020 (watch his speech in full here) Find out more With this in mind, with immediate effect FHA Repairs and Maintenance Service is running an Emergency & Essential Repairs service only, alongside our normal Out of Hours Emergency Service email@example.com or by telephone08000276575. If you have a repair booked in that isn’t classified as an emergency or essential this will be postponed until further notice. We’re sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. Phone lines are expected to be busier than normal and we ask that if your query is not urgent, please wait to contact us at a later date.
What is an Emergency & Essential Repair?
- Gas leak
- Full loss of electricity
- Severe uncontainable internal water leak creating an unsafe situation (e.g. electrics, ceiling collapse)
- If your CO2 detector is activated
- No hot water
- No heating
- Urgent repairs relating to your fire alarm system
- Damaged asbestos materials in a living area
- Unusable toilet, if it is your only toilet
- Blocked wet room (for vulnerable tenants only)
- Repairs to make your front or back door secure, door entry systems
- Communal lighting
- Any other repair that we identify needs immediate access or intervention
Whilst FHA are aware that your priority is to ensure the safety of our tenants we would like to remind you that at this time FHA still have a duty of care to continue to carry out our compliance and health and safety visits across all of our properties. Whilst we will endeavour to minimise these visit’s we would appreciate your cooperation in allowing access for these visits.
What is essential Compliance?
- Annual Gas Servicing
- PAT testing
- Emergency Lighting Annual Discharge Testing
- Fire Extinguisher Provision and servicing
- Fire Detection servicing 6 – 12 months
- Legionella / Water testing (where required)
If a member of our Repairs and Maintenance Team is due to visit your home to carry out a repair / compliance / Health & Safety check, please continue to follow the advice given by the government and contact us as soon as possible if you are self-isolating firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
With immediate effect our Housing Officers will no longer be carrying out visits to our properties, however they will be available as normal via telephone and email to answer any queries or concerns you may have and support you as much as possible. You can also contact FHA via our websitewww.falconha.org and through firstname.lastname@example.org your enquiry will be forwarded to the relevant Housing Officer who will contact you within 24 hours.
The new guidance issued by the government is that if you or anyone in your household has a new, continuous cough or high temperature, you must self-isolate for 14 days.
If you do have an urgent need or are vulnerable or just need to talk to someone through this unprecedented time give FHA a call on 0191 2600551 or drop us an email email@example.com
Thank you for your support during what is a difficult time for all. Stay Safe and Take Care